Content Marketing is popular today because it is super effective. It takes many forms, think xxxxx. The aim is to stimulate interest in your products or services without the hard sell. It involves planning, creating, and the distribution of valued content aimed at a niche targeted audience.
The easiest way to start your content programme is by creating a bespoke Content Hub. This is a sustainable way to keep publishing and interacting with your audiences, and building brand equity over time.
It is essential to define your goals at the outset. Decide what you are measuring against as this will keep you on track…Is it leads your want, phonecalls or to position your products or services as unique? Maybe you are setting out to educate or make a difference in your community.
PR is a tried and tested
Content Marketing builds brand empathy and consumer trust over time. Maybe you want to create influence around important keywords that convey thought leadership in your sector?
Once you decide if you are focusing primarily on SEO, lead generation, or thought leadership, these five steps will help you track the correct metrics resulting in content marketing that actually grows your business.
Our Top Five Essential Steps To Content Marketing Success
- Keyword rankings: Incorporating relevant keywords into your content is essential if your primary goal is SEO. The higher your content ranks for a keyword, the more likely your target audience will find you when searching for that topic. To monitor how effective your efforts are, track your rankings over time.
- Organic search traffic:This metric refers to the number of visits your website attracts from unpaid, organic search. If you see a boost in organic search traffic, that means you’re creating content that’s driving audiences from a SERP to your site.
- Conversions:Your conversion rate tells you how effective your content is at turning website visitors into leads. If you’re generating lots of leads but few of them are actually becoming clients, that could indicate that your content isn’t aimed at the right audience. Then you can determine your conversion rate (percentage) by dividing the number of conversions by the number of total visitors and multiplying that number by 100.
- Clickbacks:This metric tells you the number of people who click through to your website from off-site content. If this number is high, that means your audience thinks you’re sharing valuable content and wants to engage with you further.
- Average lead score: High-quality leads are essential for ROI. Decide on the criteria that you require to turn a website visitor into a potential customer or the action you want them to take online. Then benchmark these against a pre-determined scoring system.
get a free digital marketing audit
Enliven Media measure and benchmark your performance and make recommendations.